HOW TO SUBMIT
Committee Chairs, Section Chairs, and other participants are encouraged to nominate papers for award consideration. The following guidelines are to be noted by persons submitting work:
1. With the exception of the PRQ Award, no previously published material is to be submitted.
2. Review processes for each award are conducted by award committees consisting of at least three political scientists. The review process is anonymous.
3. WPSA awards carry monetary prizes determined by the Executive Council, or, in the case of the PRQ award, determined by the PRQ Editors.
4. As part of the long-standing commitment of the Association to have the Political Research Quarterly reflect the intellectual strengths of the organization, WPSA paper award winners are provided with an enhanced opportunity to seek publication of the paper in PRQ. Papers receiving WPSA awards will be offered the opportunity of an expedited review. If, after the first review, an award winning paper does not meet the normal publication standards as determined by the editor(s), at least one opportunity to revise and resubmit will be provided to the author(s). There is no guarantee that papers will be published, but the editors will make every effort to work with authors to bring manuscripts to the level required by the normal peer review process. Papers must be submitted through the web-based submission system within six months of receipt of the award.
5. Winners of the Awards are announced at the Annual Meeting of the WPSA.
Where to Submit
Please send award submission to the individuals listed below by the deadline noted. No previously published material may be submitted.
Don T. Nakanishi Award for Distinguished Scholarship and Service
in Asian Pacific American Politics:
Blacks and Politics Award:
Charles Redd Center Award:
Environmental Political Theory Award:
Pi Sigma Alpha Award: